Covid-19 and Camp Fatima

Covid-19 and Camp Fatima

March 25, 2020

Dear Fatima family,

The week prior to Governor Murphy’s announcement, we made the decision to cancel the April Adult Weekend Session out of the utmost concern for the well-being of our campers, their families and our volunteers and their families. It’s quite likely that we’ll also have to cancel the May session. We expect to make that decision within the week and will communicate accordingly.

With respect to the summer sessions, we’re proceeding with planning to hold camp. Various iterations of plans are being developed as there are simply too many unknowns at this stage and so many variables that we need to consider. These scenarios include consideration of a reduced number of campers, reduced number of volunteers, operating just one week, enhanced medical and sanitation practices, food deliveries and so forth.

Please continue to submit applications so that we have an idea of how many applicants we have, assuming camp runs as normal. Obviously we won’t be able to hold interviews in April for new applicants. We realize that in this year of uncertainty someone applying now could change their mind the closer we get to June depending on the virus situation then. So we’ll be checking back with all applicants the closer we get to the summer.

We wish you and your families the best during this difficult time. We will provide another update at the end of April and more regularly thereafter as the situation develops and we get closer to the start of camp.


Camp Fatima Board of Directors